Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Thoughts of You

How I miss my children and grandchildren. My thoughts are on them many times during the day. I have to be careful not to worship them--they are adorable. Because of modern conveniences, like webcam and phones, I'm able to see and hear them and their faces and voices cheer me up. The Bible tells me on whom I'm to focus and when I have contact with him I also am cheered.
Hebrew 3:1--"Therefore, dear brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest we confess.
Psalm 86:4--"Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul."
Psalm 37:4--"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

I used a playing card as the base of this art. I adhered old text, painted and added part of an old paper doylie,used an image of a vintage photo, added dress pattern tissue and matte gel, etched a design and stained.

3 comments:

Norma said...

Responding to your question:
Moo cards are a skinny version of business cards made from your own photos. Flickr is where I house my photos and Moo cards are made from those photos. They are so fun and you can put any texted information on the back.

My Vintage Studio said...

Love your art!
Sharon
shabby sisters design team member

larkswing said...

This is wonderful! I admire your talent and skill!