Saturday, June 14, 2008

Good News

Mark 16:15--"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."

This was the Bible verse for the last day of Vacation Bible School. A megaphone was the prop to illustrate the Bible point: "Jesus gives us the power to tell others about God." We had a great week at Bible school and a great family night last night. My hope is that some of the children will come to know Jesus as their savior and tell their parents. That's the job of the Christian--tell others the good news.

I also had some other good news when I woke up this morning. My friend, Deena, got a great report on her follow-up PET scan yesterday. All the cancer is gone except one little place at the base of her spine. She will continue with radiation the next few weeks. I am so excited at the work God has done in her. Everyone knows that chemo only works for a few cancer victims, so this is a miracle accomplished by God. Thank you, Jesus.

This art started as a playing card on which I adhered scrapbook paper, old and new text, linen and a copy of an old postcard. I etched in gel medium and highlighted with stain and gold paint. I stamped "Good News" with old type-set letters. Of course my printer is almost out of ink so I had to enhance the figure with water color pencils. His face is still a little pink, but he is yelling into the megaphone. Right?

No comments: