Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Flowers and Crystals

Here's the gray and cream necklace I mentioned in my last post.  I used a reconstructed new necklace (only $5.00 at a well-known dept. store).  They are real faceted iridescent glass beads with wire connections.  I removed a couple of the large beads and left the smaller ones in a line onto which I connected the flowers, all made from recycled fabrics.  I used new and old beads to decorate them and sewed them on lace.  I think it's lovely and I hope someone else does, too.
The little shop in which I have been selling these pretties is closing the end of Feb.  Maybe it's time for a change.  I think I'll take a little break and clean my art space--not that it needs it, mind you, and certainly not a fun thing to do, but necessary.

No comments: