Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Old and New


I've been experimenting with photography by setting up a light box (I think that's what it's called.)  It's just a large opaque plastic container that I've set by my window.  I've lined it with white paper and I'm liking the results on some of my photos.  What do you think?
This piece was fun to set up and make and I used both vintage and new beads.  Since I like making old things new, this is a perfect example.  There are over 125 beads, some buttons, and handmade dangles, spacers and rings.  More than one-third are vintage.  The four stacked layers measure about 1 1/2" high.  Since it's on memory wire that doesn't lose its shape, it's like four stack bracelets in one.
My inspiration came from one of my favorite Bible verses:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here." 
2 Corinthians 5:16

No comments: