Monday, September 10, 2007

Downcast

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God," Psalm 42:5. Sometimes my "downcast" times take over. I mope around all day wondering what is wrong. I chastise myself by saying that others have it worse that I, that I should be happy, that things aren't that bad--all of which are true. However, on some days my self-lectures don't help. Over the years I've found that these are just bad days and I chalk them up as such. Everyone has bad days. Usually they only last one day and then I'm ready to go on the next day. I've also found that it helps if I do something to help someone else.

I used a playing card as the base of this art. I collaged ephemera and a vintage image on a painted and gel etched background dry brushed with gesso and enhanced the image with watercolor pencils.

No comments: