Thursday, February 15, 2007

Two New Works on eBay



This world is chaotic as depicted by the words I used in the Altered Art piece (7" x 9.5"). There is one constant in my world, however--"Jesus Loves Me This I Know." The banner in the little girl's hands say that. I used an old book cover (I always use beat up books), newspaper words, ephemera, an image from my private collection (please, observe copyright rules), matte medium and old tracing paper. I layered the tracing paper over the words with the matte medium giving it an obscure look. I used objects I've found in button boxes (I've been collecting for years and now put to use) and old buttons on a twisted rusty wire hanger.

The other piece is a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" Artist Trading Card (ATC) made with yarn on muslin covered with tulle and embroidered. I love embroidering trees. All are freely done, no set design. I find a picture or pictures I like and go from there. Both pieces are on eBay this week. Here's hoping!

No comments: