Monday, July 19, 2010

New Journal on Etsy

This journal went into my Etsy shop (see side bar and click on photo to take you to my shop).  I used a purchased book of lined paper and added a vintage album page, ephemera, string from a broken necklace, a selvege edge, a piece of measuring tape and the base of the flower is a cardboard disk with a hole in it.  As I was walking today, I looked down and saw this on the pavement.  Near it was a used up firework.  When I saw it I knew that it would make a great flower.  I've embroidered in and around it, added bugle beads and glass seed beads and a turquoise bead.  The leaves are parts of a kit of cutsie brads, etc. I bought quite a while ago.  I added ribbon, seam binding and the hem of a vintage dressing gown, all tied to the rings of the binder.  Scrapbook paper was added and the word "bliss."  The scripture inside reads:  "Consider it pure joy...whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."--James 1:2-3.  It's all in how you look at things.  Choose bliss.

1 comment:

Angie: said...

I love the colours in this journal and the inclusion of papers and stitching. Very summery! xx