Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fluffy Rose Tutorial

 Stitch down the center of a 2-3" strip of fabric about 1 yard long.  Gather the fabric--loosely for heavy fabric and tighter for light-weight fabric.  Use fabric that is the same color on each side.
 Fold the fabric on the seam line.
 Stitch the fabric at the fold to the center of a 3" round piece of felt going through the felt and into the fabric at about 1/4" intervals.  Turn the fabric around itself as you stitch.
 Keep the rows close to each other.  At the end, knot and trim the edges of the end of the fabric into a curve.
 Trim the center of the flower about 1/4- 1/2" if desired.
 Add a pin back about 1/4" from the edge of the trimmed felt back.
 Add a bead to the center.  Wear on clothing, hat, purse, headband or slip a clippie on the pin and wear in your hair.  Use your imagination.

This little flower was put on a tote bag and is going to Africa with me tomorrow.  I'm doing a workshop on on Fluffy and Rolled Roses.  When I get back, I'll try to take pictures of my rolled rose as I make it and share it with you.  Use whatever skills you have to glorify the Lord.  Make the world a more lovely place in which to live by adding flowers.  Thanks for praying for me as I go to use my art and my music for Him.

2 comments:

mart said...

Will be praying!

mary said...

that was Mary!