Saturday, May 10, 2014

Perfect in Weakness


Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
1 Corinthians 12:8-10


Do you see any imperfection in this photo?
I didn't at first but as I looked at it, I saw something was missing...
So many times I destroy my effectiveness because I am bewailing my lot in life...whatever that may be on any given day.
Instead of praising God for another day and looking forward to what is coming, I either resent it or dread it.
I am a pessimist and a closet hermit.  There, I've said it.  I'm trying to change and am improving (somewhat) with age but my core still needs work.  I think my core is pure selfishness. 
Okay, here I go...I'm looking forward to this day and what it will bring.  It will be a great day.  It really will.  I'm planning to see family members, friends from afar, and go to a concert.  Why wouldn't this be a great day?
Why do I just want to stay home?
I'm so imperfect and am so looking forward to the power of God in my weaknesses.





No comments: