Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Little Rain Cloud


A gentle answer 
turns away wrath,
but a harsh word 
stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1


It begins with a little cloud that hangs over my head caused by something said or done by another...or myself.  Before I know it, out of nowhere, that cloud becomes a storm cloud full of raining anger.  Beware the person who walks under my cloud.  I'm able to rain all over you and you never knew what hit you.

Well, that's a bit dramatic but my family can attest that it happens to all of us at one time or another...as it does in most families who are honest with themselves.  Turn the cloud into blue skies and see if anger is averted.  It takes the strength of the Lord and the determination of the bearer of the feelings to make the change.
"Raining" on a person can affect that victim for a lifetime.







No comments: