Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Choked


The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful.
Matthew 13:2

It doesn't take long for weeds to completely take over.  They will dominate whatever is there and choke the life out of it.  I'm sure this was a useful building at one time but now you can't even get to the door.Good grass, flowers and crops could be here but now there are only weeds.
My life is like that.  When I don't nurture my Christian life, weeds start working their way into it and before I know it, I have no desire for Christ.  I start doing things on my own and worldly things start to suffocate me.  I forget about Him.  His voice grows dim as I start moving away from Him and before I know it,  I don't want to read His Word or pray or visit His House or meet with His People.  I want to do My Thing.
I stop producing fruit that proves I'm His.  Woe is me.

But because He still wants me, He continues to call me and I hear a faint voice telling me to return.
I have the choice...do I or don't I.
If I hadn't turned back, my life would have been worthless.



No comments: