Thursday, December 3, 2015

Words With A Purpose

Dead Sea Scrolls
Wikipedia Commons



"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."



It is so important to internalize God's Word which is difficult for me since I have much trouble with memorizing anything.  Many times when life has thrown me a curve, the Word of the Lord enters my brain giving me comfort, encouragement and hope.  I still try to memorize and though I don't always have the exact words in my head or the reference in mind, the crux of The Word is there.  It gives me the answer I need for that situation...always.  The problem is that I have not hidden enough words in my heart and there are a lot of problems out there.  
Okay, I have preached to myself again.  I'm off to feed my soul with "Daily Bread" (John 6:35.)



No comments: