Sunday, February 28, 2010

Flower Experiments

I did some experimenting yesterday.  I had seen some of these flowers around town in other shops and on-line so I thought I'd try to make some.  I bought a few dresses at the Salvation Army on Friday--ones with organza overlays and it's from this that I made these.  I have a way to go and am learning from my mistakes but I still think these are pretty cute.  I also learned that some materials burn instead of melt and some melt and burn at the same time.  I'm working in my kitchen with the exhaust fan and on my ceramic oven top--with water standing by.  I think it could be pretty dangerous if these things go out of control.  Those who know me well, know that things do go a little wonky for me at times.  I can't wait to make more though  (smiling and rubbing my hands together!)

No comments: