Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Journal Redo

I made this journal with a white open weave fringed fabric background.  I thought it looked very pretty but the lady who had commissioned it was not pleased with the fringe--said she wanted a quilted background.  OK, I quilted the heart and thought background quilting was going to be too busy.  That's what she wanted, though, so that's what I made.  I took me about 3 hours more to piece my own design, glue it, tweek it beyond the resonable and make a "presentation page."  Thankfully, she really liked it--not my favorite but it turned out ok.  She liked it so much that I'm making another one using a cabinet card and pearls (like a baby book that I've done before.)  So...I guess when the customer is right, there are rewards even though the work is tedious.  I STILL LOVE MY JOB!!

No comments: