Thursday, November 3, 2011

Treasuring Life

It's been a while since I posted but life has taken a drastic turn.  My sister had a cardiac arrrest last weekend and is struggling back to existence.  She had to be shocked four times until her heart started beating and that was with her pacemaker inserted two months ago!  She's making progress but it will be slow and I'm not able to make the two-day car trip by myself.  My husband is leaving for an overseas mission trip next week.  I can afford only one plane trip that will probably be when she's allowed to go home so I can help her with her transition back to normalcy.  It's so difficult not being there but she has my other sister (a four-hour trip for her), her son (a day's drive and who had to shorten his Germany trip to see in-laws), her husband (an hour's drive away), and her daughter, who had encouraged her Mom to visit early to enjoy her grandson's first Trick or Treat adventure.  Fortunately, she was not driving, though she was intending to.  Her daughter, with baby in tow in the back seat, was driving when my sister arrested--pretty scary stuff. It brings the thought around again that life is so short and fragile.  All I can do is pray-- and she is improving day by day with God's help.  Sometimes it takes tragedy to make us realize where God wants us and that's in his palm.

No comments: