Friday, January 2, 2015

Numbers

"Numbers" by Andy Maguire CC BY 2.0

Teach us to number our days,
 that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psalm 90:12 (NIV)

Numbers are not really my thing.  I'm drawn more to the colors in this graphic but it reminds me that I only have a few short years/days/weeks??? in my life and I want to make the most of them and do things that will please the Lord...not people.
My son calls people pleasing "seeking my audience."  As the class clown in school (a moniker that has stayed throughout his life), he is constantly getting himself in trouble by calling attention to himself.  He can't help it for this comes from my side of the family  ...from my Dad.  Dad always had a funny thing to say or do to break the ice in a ticklish situation or smooth the tension in a relationship.  I call that a "gift" and everyone loved him for it...the same with my son.  He keeps our spirits up even when his are down.
If we can help someone through their life with levity and encouragement, then we have done what God expects.  I'm adding another number to my age in a month and still trying to help as best I can.   I feel privileged that He has tolerated my meager attempts thus far so I'll continue seeking Him and finding ways to honor Him in my allotted journey.


No comments: