Thursday, November 5, 2015

Speaking Through the Fog

"Foggy Sunrise" by Sally L. Smith

You don’t know what will happen tomorrow. Your life is like a fog. You can see it for a short time, but then it goes away.  James 4:14 ERV

Yes, life is like a fog...some days more than others.  Usually I don't awaken from my morning fog until midway through my second cup of coffee.  I'm almost sure James wasn't using this metaphor in this context but reading it made me think how much I live in a fog.  Some of my days are so busy that I run into myself getting from one place to another.  I have to clear my thoughts and rethink my intentions.  I'm so busy in my fog that I walk by an opportunity to serve someone else or miss my chance to share a word of encouragement or to lift a helping hand.

Lord, clear the fog of self and let me see your glory in every person and experience today. Help me know the joy of serving You in every circumstance.



No comments: