Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Catching Up

Close-up of Etching

I've been working on this piece the last few days. I photographed a young lady at church with a beautiful face and eyes and am using her in a few of my pieces of art work. We exchanged a piano lesson for a photography session. I'm using a lighter background color than I have been using. Even though green is not one of my favorite colors, I think it does this idea well. Take a look at the close-up for the detail of the etching. This is going on eBay this week, hope-hope.

It's been a busy few weeks. First the birth of our 11th grandchild and helping the family and second the finishing of this quilt for our 9th grandchild. It's ready for Grandpa to quilt now. Yes, my husband's Grandmother taught him how to quilt when he was knee-high and he finds it relaxing and enjoyable. Go figure. I actually do not like quilting and am not good at it. My arthritis doesn't help either, but I love to do the piecing. This quilt has a partner on the big brother's bed that we finished last year. We've been making a quilt or two (on good years) for each of our grandchildren and we were down to two more quilts until we found out that two more grandchildren were on the way. Oh, well, busy hands...


1 comment:

Joy Manoleros said...

I love your etchings!
That's something I don't have any experience doing.... too bad we don't all live closer to one another. :o(

This blogging thing can be addicting. I have gotten so inspired looking at the other members' blogs and web sites.

All that talent is humbling....
Blessings!
Joy from QuiltArt