Friday, March 26, 2010

What's New This Week

I've been commissioned to make flowers for headbands for a wedding. Here are the first drafts of the bridesmaids flowers. It turns out that three of the four have to be remade or added to--if the bride has more selvedge. I've begun the bride's headband flowers and will show them later.




Meanwhile, I've redesigned a discount store t-shirt by trimming the sleeves and resewing, removing a pocket and using the retrieved fabric for the rolled roses.  I added faceted beads to the centers and added my own label. 

I also made another brown tank top with cream roses and brown bead centers for a friend's granddaughter.  I keep busy.  It keeps me out of trouble.  I'm going to see Deena today and hopefully she'll feel like lunch.  Follow her bout with cancer and brain tumors at http://deenasstory.blogspot.com/.  (I can't get Blogger to link up on only one word so here's the whole shebang.)

1 comment:

Angie: said...

Wow! I love the wedding flowers!!! They are so beautiful and unique! Just lovely!