Thursday, April 22, 2010

Works for Today

I got another bracelet done today and I'll be putting it in my Etsy shop.  These two journals go to
 S'More Couture, a little shop where I'm able to sell some of my artwork.  The children pictures come from a beautiful book called "In the Nursery."  It has gorgeous drawings of children by many women artists of the day (early 20th century.)  I put a few of these pages up for sale on my Etsy site but they didn't sell so I'm going to use them.  Some will go into a pile of ephemera I'm going to begin selling there.  The title of the children journal is "Pursue Peace" and the scripture reference is found in Hebrews 12:14--"Pursue peace with all people."  The bottom one uses a transparency from an Angela Cartwright collection under which I've placed a picture of two little girls.  It reminded me of a "secret garden" so that's what I named it.  I found a poem to use called "In My Secret Garden" that fits perfectly.

No comments: