Friday, April 2, 2010

Creating in Pink

I finished the bride's maids flowers for the headbands Amy will finish.  Check a few posts back for the first ones and compare.  I love them, if I do say so myself.  The jewelry will be attached by Amy as she sees fit.  Of course, I didn't take pictures of the bride's flowers before I gave them to Amy but they are nothing like these.  They are rolled white with lace and pearls.  I don't think they are as pretty but we'll see what the bride says.  I hope these are ok but one never knows just what is in the mind of the commissioner.  I'll let you know.
I made a little flower with vintage pink chiffon and pink tulle and added a pearl from a vintage necklace.  It's glued to a covered plastic headband and would be so cute for some little girl (I have 5 granddaughters so I need to make a few more.) This one is in my Etsy shop (see side bar.)

Today is Good Friday that wasn't so good over 2000 years ago.  Our Lord was killed by angry, jealous people, as predicted by the prophets.  He gave his life for me and you.

Acts 16:31--They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

No comments: