Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Graduation Cards


I started with a pack of greeting cards for a $1.00 from Michael's and I added old music and text, a computer generated word on computer-printed background and string.  I used a bit of brown ink for shading on the balloons.  I punched holes on either side of the balloon bottom and threaded it through them and tied a knot.  I then cut a little slit through the bottom corner and pushed the string through with a flat head screwdriver to the inside and taped it.  I added a Bible verse from Jeremiah 29:11--" 'I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future' " and glued it over the exposed thread on the inside.  There you have it--multiple cards and very inexpensive but fun to make.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beeeautiful! I absolutely love them. I like making my own greeting cards, too. Isn't it such a fun, loving, personal way to send a little hello out to your loved ones? I always appreciate those types of things myself. Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday. Your kind words were very much appreciated, and put a smile on my face. You TOO will be added on my favorites. Can't wait to follow you, friend :-).

Love and blessings to you!
Laura