Saturday, May 14, 2011

How to Conceal a Stain I Thought

 I had a one inch berry stain right in the middle of this t shirt and was so sad because I paid a lot for this shirt, even on sale but I loved it--so comfortable and such a pretty robin's egg blue color.  I cut little squares of cream mesh fabric and sewed them on with a French knot of white perle cotton thread (Click on photo for enlargement).  Now I can wear it again--- but wait....
When I was handwashing it, I found ANOTHER stain down at the bottom, in the middle, near the hem line. Now what do I do? It's going to look weird with another swatch of fluff at the bottom of the shirt. Guess I have to wear this as a house shirt anyway. Sob... Oh, wait....



I have another shirt and I liked this design so well that I did the same with it.  This one, however, is not for me---another sob...but I hope to make some money on this one so I'm drying my tears.  Sniff....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it make it too short to do your cut off and gathering thing on the bottom??

mary said...

Sorry, that was Mary. Forgot to sign!