Saturday, December 10, 2011

T Shirt Necklace

Yes, I am actually wearing this and liking it.  I'll be making some more when I can find a little time.  It's been crazy busy around here the past few days and making this for myself was fun.  Try it. 
One large t shirt, seamless is best--your color choice and plain
Lay flat, cut off bottom hem, cut one inch strips up to arm pit, leaving them "in the round."
Stretch each strip.  If they don't stretch then this won't work.
Pick up each strip and lay each single layer in your hand.  Hold all like a lasso in your hand.
Using a smaller strip, wrap it pretty tightly around the strips in your hand.
Pin it and tack with matching thread.
Depending on the lengths, you can wear as is or double it around your neck.
I used a small childs shirt and tied the ends together.
Happy crafting.

No comments: