Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Mind and Heart







The heart is deceitful above all things
 and beyond cure.
 Who can understand it? 
“I the Lord search the heart
 and examine the mind, 
to reward each person according to their conduct, 
according to what their deeds deserve.” 
Jeremiah 17:9-10


...and we wonder why things go wrong, why our plans fail, why the world is the way it is, why we are scared, lonely or hurting.
Our minds are full of everything but God and our hearts are stone-cold.
Yes, we live in a fallen world and bad things happen to good people.  When that happens, first examine your heart and mind and see whether you deserve anything but what you are being given.  I don't.
I'm thankful that God sees fit to allow me one more day because my heart and mind many times have not given God the place He deserves.



No comments: