Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Heart Says, "Yes."

From vintage photo collection of Sally L. Smith

I said, “I will watch my ways
    and keep my tongue from sin;
I will put a muzzle on my mouth
    while in the presence of the wicked.”
So I remained utterly silent,
    not even saying anything good.

Photo by Rusty Clark   CC BY 2.0

But my anguish increased;
 my heart grew hot within me.
While I meditated,the fire burned
    then I spoke with my tongue:
Psalm 39 :1-3

How I wish I could control my mouth.  I realize that it is my heart that goes wonky and I have to be right, no matter what.  But why?  Why can't I internalize my discontent and think things over before I speak?  Am I trying to make myself better than someone else?  Well, that doesn't work because I feel miserable when I speak my piece. 
 Mouth...just shut up!







No comments: