Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Shouting Praise


"Robin's First Hello" by Pleasant Point Inn is licensed under CC BY 2.0



Shout praises to the Lord!
With all my heart
I will thank the Lord
 when his people meet.
Psalm 111:1


It's Spring! Shout for joy!

But instead...
I take so much for granted. 
Instead of shouting praise for the sheer joy of gathering together with fellow believers, I find myself criticizing the structure, the service or the people there.  
We have so much here in the USA that we cannot be happy with what God has given us...the freedom to openly worship.  Thanking the Lord is an act of will...a conscious act...and an overpowering emotion and response to what God is doing in our lives.  All of this can be taken away in the passing of a law and we just sit back and let it happen.

I will shout praise to the Lord!
I will worship Him in the beauty of His holiness and be grateful.

No comments: