Monday, March 5, 2007

New on Etsy March 5



I put this on etsy today, http://www.sallylsmith.etsy.com. I had a sweet little girl altered art piece sell last week and I couldn't leave out the boys! I have 2 of my own and 7 grandsons. I found this great photo at an antique mall and fell in love with it (since I own the picture, please don't copy it for your own unless you contact me for permission, thanks.) I used an old book cover again, a great backing for art work. I cut out pictures of toys from old cards, glued them on the cover, glued on torn pieces of tracing paper, added a transparent transfer (one of my first, more on that later!), the photo, buttons, a charm that says "Believe" and a wooden bird, vellum and a small butterfly picture. I used old curtain hangers and braided jute for the hanger. It was fun to make.

No comments: