Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Three Items on eBay and Etsy Today

I ran into the most wonderful Victorian Album last week at an Antique Mall. I couldn't resist. This is one of the pictures I love. I used an old book cover, ephemera, gel medium and paint to create the design. I put stiffened point d'Venice lace on the top interlaced with gold cording. The butterfly glued in the middle and looks like it's about to take flight. I'm using the same technique I used on the back of my ATCs last week. On eBay today.
Another picture found in the Victorian Album. Love this baby and mother, a theme for many Victorian pictures. I used some wired beads to make the hanger, gel medium, ephemera, paint complete the piece.




A closed up of the altered art on etsy today.






An old book cover, some wire mesh, gel medium, acrylic paint and a cute baby picture bought at an antique store go into this altered art piece on http://www.sallylsmith.etsy.com.







No comments: