Monday, June 7, 2010
Finally Finished Journal
I made this journal last summer, put it on Etsy and it didn't sell. It's been sitting around here since that time and I've been experimenting on it since. I gessoed the cover and wiped off most of it and wound up gessoing the whole book cover but didn't like it. I sanded it a little and added glitterglue and it was ok but it sat around a few more months. Today I stained the cover with Color Box's Brown Ink by daubing it on with a stiff brush so I could push down into the crevices of the cover design. I turned out a brownish maroon and is much better than the bright red of the original cover. I also added ribbons and buttons. I'm planning to put it in the S'More Couture shop around the corner, however, my journals aren't selling now there either. Oh, well. I'll try.