Monday, September 20, 2010

Forever Necklace

I purchased a little charm bracelet for a quarter the other day at a garage sale thinking that I could maybe use some of the charms.  The little "forever" charm grabbed me (lower left hand corner).  I try to put scripture to my works whenever I can and this one popped out:  "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."
2 Chronicles 16:34. 
I'm loving using all my "collections" to make these necklaces.  I'm to share a table at an Octoberfest and hope they all sell.  Each is so unique.  I choose a color combo, set up a grid to place my stuff and try to stay in order with the colors and charms, etc.  I love throwing in the unexpected, like on this one: Vintage turquoise rhinestone earring, section of a bracelet I took apart, marble shaped clear glass button, and a rusty washer.  It's so fun to work them together into one beautiful creation.  I enjoy trying them out with the thought that I'm testing them when I'm really liking to wear them--me a jewelry wearing hater!  Go look up your Grandmother's button box and see what you can find--hidden treasures.

No comments: