Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Tea Party

I drug out all my red transferware plates, used the tablecloths, tables and chairs provided by our church and the woman at the back, Marilyn, and I set up this little tea party for our Red Hat group.
This gives you a little idea about how we set up the tables.  I don't know how this table got three hot pots, but... oh, well.  I used my "never used" stemware as well and 26 of my missmatched cups and saucers.  Eclectic... that's what I like to call this style of decorating.
Everyone brought something to eat and eat, they did.
Since it was at the church, our pastors decided to crash the party but, at least, they wore their red hats. My husband is the one on the left and the instigator.
Let's not forget the desserts.
This photo is a little blurry but I wanted a close-up of the center decorations: vintage doily, old music, stacked vintage books, child's tea set, tea pot, sugar and creamer and a handmade place card--stamped with a lady in a hat in plum ink and handwritten at the bottom--simple but effective.  Nothing earthshattering here, but a lot of time and fun.  The ladies (and gentlemen) surely liked it.  Now, home to put the cups away until next year.

No comments: