Saturday, October 30, 2010

Crocheted Beaded Necklace--Snow and Cool Waters

Jeremiah 18:14

Does the snow of Lebanon
ever vanish from its rocky slopes?
Do its cool waters from distant sources
ever cease to flow?
 
Don't you love the poetry of the Bible?  This verse is so lovely and was the inspiration for this necklace.  I used vintage and new metal, glass and plastic beads, pearls, charms, vintage buttons crocheted with vintage linen thread.  I'm missing not having time to make more.  My friend, Mary, purchased three necklaces last week and I'm going to take the remaining ones to Senegal with me next week. 
Next week! Wow! that's close!  Next Thursday I leave.  It's certainly not a good time for me to leave but I don't have a choice.  God gave me the opportunity and he knows the big picture so, here I go.  My trust is in you, Lord.

1 comment:

Emily said...

LOVE your beaded necklaces & the bible verses to go with them. Beautiful necklaces, beautiful idea! :o)