Friday, October 21, 2011

Christmas Ornament 1


At last I'm getting my act together and I'm making some Christmas ornaments to hopefully sell in a couple of shops.  I love this picture.  I believe the real St. Nicholas would have been honored to hold the Christ child if he had been given the opportunity.  This picture puts Christmas in perspective for me.  I got this image from vintageimagemadness.com -- Nativity-Postcard Collage Sheet. 
I used end papers from an old book on the back, collage sheet from shabbycottagestudio, collage photo from Vintage Image Madness (see above link), a handmade stencil (silly me put all my vintage brass stencils in an auction--last week!!  I knew I'd need them!), cheese cloth, a vintage jeweled watch adornment, hand stamped word, and gold ruffled trim.

2 comments:

Sandra Tyler said...

Gosh, I better start thinking holidays with my own stuff! GOod for you!

Sandra Tyler said...

thanks for commenting on my blog -- I gulped; 8 grandboys? If I had another I'm sure it would be a boy. Anyway, I can't "wait" as I ain't no 20-somethin'! So we're happy with the two. Congrats on your next grandchild!