Saturday, October 1, 2011

First Wedding Veil

 Sadie's happy today and she should be.  It's the first time she's modeled a wedding headpiece.
 You can hardly see her scars while wearing this little number.
Amy had a girl ask her to make a wedding veil for her and she said, "yes" then called me.  Amy's talented but not with the needle.  She gave me a veil that had been given to her and I tore everything off, leaving just the nylon mesh around the wire and globs of hot glue.  I had the lace pieces, the satiny fabric and the beads.  All I had to do was put it together.  It took me a few days of thinking about it, then I just began adding stuff.  I basically covered the whole form with the lace, made the flowers, sewed them on (quite a feat seeing as I had to work around the glue) and added the beads and tulle.  The girl only wanted a shoulder-length veil and this is a little longer than that.  It gives us some wiggle room if she wants it shorter--easier to do that than add more, though it could be done with some maneuvering.  It was fun to make and took me about 3 hours--not bad for my first ever wedding veil, I think.

No comments: