Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Necklace for Me? Probably Not.

I purchased these beads and a long simple chain last week and made myself a necklace.  My aim was to make something Fall-ish to go with a gorgeous pinecone pendant drop necklace a friend gave me.  I wore the pendant, these beads and the simple chain together.  I wanted the little turquoise dot bead to show more since I was wearing a turquoise sweater and cream shell with brown pants.  Now, brown and green are not my colors but I do love brown and turquoise together.  It didn't work--too brown, too green.  I wore it but was not happy and my "jewelry friends" at church didn't comment on it and they usually say something about what I make, as I do for them.  They're sweet but they don't lie and no comments means it was unremarkable--too blah, not interesting enough, no pop--whatever.  Look for my remake soon--I hope.

No comments: