Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's Just Good Sense


Photo attribution here
Invest in truth and wisdom,
discipline and good sense, 
and don't part with them.
Proverbs 23:23


I'm afraid of heights.  Just looking at this photo gives me the willies.  I feel I'm using "good sense" when I avoid dangerous situations.  There's no way I'd even be able to climb the ladder to that height, much less walk across a cable.  Uh-uh.
Some people are oblivious to the danger, however.  They get a sense of power at the challenge and it doesn't seem to bother them at all.  Speaking spiritually, they taunt God and continue to challenge Him into responding to their lack of  discipline and good sense.  They've missed the truth and have invested in their own wisdom.  They need to put their desires aside and start following a more careful path--the one that leads to God's will.
Following God's will, though, is an on-going journey for the Christian and can be perilous as well.  However, doing so will give them a sense of peace regardless of the situation--I can't explain it.  I just know that Jesus is the Prince of Peace.

No comments: