Saturday, March 2, 2013

Mine Forever

photo attribution here
beautiful when viewed on black...click on the photo above to see

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
 and my portion forever. 

Psalm 73:25-26
I must say that I agree with the psalmist to a degree but my heart still desires the things of the world.  I wish I could say, with abandon, that it didn't.  But...this coffee tastes really good.  Visiting with nine of my grandchildren and seeing two of my children and their spouses yesterday was very satisfying.  Anticipating having lunch today with two of my children, one of their spouses and four of my grandchildren today is a pleasant thought.  The thought of one of them coming next fall to the same university for which I work is overwhelmingly exciting.  I do realize, however, that I am getting older and my body doesn't respond as it once did.  My stamina is limited; my vision gives me trouble; my foot goes to sleep when I sit in one place too long;  I have to work twice as hard to learn music that took a couple of "go throughs" only a few years back.  One thing on which I wholeheartedly agree...
"though my flesh and my heart may fail...
God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

No comments: