Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Where's My Light?

Photo attribution here
You are the light of the world--
like a city on a mountain, 
glowing in the night for all to see.
Don’t hide your light under a basket!
Instead, put it on a stand 
and let it shine for all.
Matthew 5:14-15

I'd like to share part of a devotional that comes to me every week from Bible Gateway.  It encompasses my feelings.
 I know I am not alone in my inward battle of wanting to do something great for God while fighting the feeling of being unworthy to be used by God to further His kingdom on earth.

I didn’t realize that my brokenness is actually a blessing that has kept me desperate for God in my 22 years of ministry.

Our amazing God in His grace knows how to transform our messes into a message of hope!--

--Sheri Rose Shepherd

She includes a prayer she wrote as God may have stated it:

My Child,

I stepped into your darkness so you would shine for Me. Did you know that I have empowered you to light up the lives of everyone around you? You are My light to the world. So walk with me and let Me illuminate your life today with My love and My power. Look to Me, and I will make you the bright spot in someone's darkness today.

Don’t hide your light beneath your uncertainties and insecurities. Spend more time with me and I will make you glow with a godliness that’s irresistible. If you will let Me, I’ll make you shine in such a way that you will be My star that points to heaven and brings hope to the hurting.

Love,
Your King and True Light of the world

No comments: