Monday, May 6, 2013

Confession


Therefore confess your sins to each other 
and pray for each other 
so that you may be healed. 
The prayer of a righteous person
 is powerful and effective.
James 5:16

I'd never noticed the first sentence here.  I do believe it, though.  Many years back, after studying Experiencing God, my husband and I confessed our past indiscretions to each other.  It was cathartic and actually increased our love.  It was scary because both of us were afraid the other wouldn't understand...but we did.  We each realized that we were not perfect.  We were only sinners saved by the grace of God.  Neither was any better than the other.  Our relationship took a turn for the better and we actually respected the other more.  In effect, we were healed.  I don't know how this works in the physical healing aspect but I do know we each were cleansed and able to continue our lives together in peace.

Isn't it interesting how life-changing nuggets of scripture are hidden in the Bible?  Only in reading it can we find them.

No comments: