Monday, June 3, 2013

Gentle Answers



A gentle answer
 turns away wrath, 
but a harsh word 
stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1

I've always struggled with controlling my anger.  I learned well how to use it from my dear Mother, whom I love dearly but I picked up her weakness instead of her strengths.  Instead of overcoming my inherited weakness with God's help, I allowed it to fester until it became uncontrollable--volcanic.  When I was younger I didn't utilize the power of the Holy Spirit in my life and suffered the consequences--poor relationships with spouse and children, discontent, pride, entitlement and more.  It's amazing how a five-letter word can dominate one's life.
Though I'm better, I will have to struggle for the rest of my life in order to control my tendencies.  Starting my day with the Lord has curbed many of my foibles and set right my path for the day.
Onward and upward!


No comments: