Thursday, June 27, 2013

Power Behind the Door

 We didn't know what we were going to do with the breaker box on the focal wall of our bedroom-to-be.  Obviously, the builder had no sense of...well, anything when he built this house.  I was resigning myself to having to look at this eyesore everyday I stepped into my bedroom.  What should I do?  
We started with the deep cleaning, then the drywall where ancient paneling had been, then cleaning, painting and replacing the old trim and doors.  I wound up painting the electrical box's door the same color as the wall and that helped but I still was wondering what to do to disguise the box.
Here is result...


We had brought this door with us, the old back door of our last house.  I had to plead my case for it and it had been our headboard in the last house so I decided it needed a place here, too.  Now, to get access to the box you do have to move the door but even I can do that.  Voila!
Moral of the story...
If you are having trouble finding solutions to your problems, if you are lonely, if you need a friend, if you don't have the strength to carry on...just look behind the door.  
You'll have all the power you need.

Ask and it will be given to you; 
seek and you will find
knock and the door
 will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7

No comments: