Monday, June 10, 2013

Slaves Set Free


 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word.
John 8:35-37

These are very strong words and I'm hoping most are not out to kill the prophets but reality says that still exists.  You may say, "This doesn't apply to me.  I love God."
Think with me.  Anytime one has accepted Christ as their Savior but turns their back on Him in any way, they are killing Him again.  Yes, I've been guilty of doing my thing regardless of His teachings.  I've set my mind on the things of the world, not spoken in His defense, purposely not read His word, thought evil of others, put rituals ahead of commitment...just to name a few.  
Guilty, as charged.  
But...
Christ loved me so much that He gave His life for me...ME...!  How could He do that?  I don't know enough about the sacrifice it took to suffer as He did but I do know the love He gives me daily, the good things of life that come in small packages, the security that He is there all the time for me when all I have to do is ask Him.  
What unfathomable joy! 
What freedom!
He lives in my heart!


No comments: