Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Must Resist!


No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. 
God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability,
 but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, 
that you may be able to endure it. 

Avoiding temptation is an on-going process in my life.  I love to eat.  It's inborn, yes, but also well-taught. 
 My family used food for comfort and my Dad would sit down at one meal asking what would be served at the next.  It was not that he was unhappy with what he was served, he just looked forward to eating again and my Mom was a great cook.  
Unfortunately, I inherited his passion. 
 Food is a temptation for me that can only be controlled by my getting the strength to resist from God.  The problem is that I have to tap that source of power every day to see my DIET (yikes, I said it!) through.  I guess I've not taken it as seriously as the other vices in my life because I think I can handle it on my own.  Nope.  I can't.  It's a constant battle where I easily give up. 
Onward and Upward!


(This really is the name given on Flickr for this photographer...not a command to disregard what I've said.)

No comments: