Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Selfish Ambition


Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.
 Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,  
not looking to your own interests 
but each of you to the interests of the others.
Philippians 2:3-4

My own interests kept me from reading my Bible the first thing this morning and this is what I read when I opened the Word.

I like to put pretty pictures on my blog but today...well, the scripture didn't call for that.

I'm very skeptical of the "needy" on the street corners.  I question: Are they really in need?  I say to myself, "I saw this couple at another exit the other day. They have nice shoes and are they drinking from thermal cups?"  So, like the others in this photo, I pass by.
  Yes, some are charlatans but many are definitely in need.  Who am I to judge?  Only God is the ultimate judge.  My job is to give.
  

No comments: