Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Making Rocks Live


As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 
1 Peter 2:4-5 ESV

I love smooth stones.  My grandchildren and I have been picking up rocks since my first ones were four, fifteen years ago.  I have a jar of pink tiny stones picked up by 4-year-old Jarett on walks we took that long ago.  These were picked up by Hannah, Seth and Micah on walks taken recently.  They are just rocks until
they become something special and take on life.
Like us...
We are nothing, born to sin, until we take on the life of Christ.  We believe He is who He said He was...the Son of God.  He gives us life eternal.  Once we were lifeless.  Now, we have life in Him.

Photo from personal files.

No comments: