Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Thirsty?


O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1 ESV

Do you feel empty, like something is missing, like there's a hole in your heart?  You long for an unknown something to satisfy a craving but don't even know what you crave?
Think about God...how He's cared for you and loved you regardless of your lack of acknowledgment.  He's the one for whom you long.  Start counting all the wonderful things He's given you even when you didn't deserve them.  Then step back and drink in His peace and love.  He is still the giver if you want Him to give.  And, oh, by the way, be thankful He hasn't given you what you deserve.
(All these "you" words point back at me, too.)



No comments: