Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Seeing the Light


“I sinned and did wrong,
 but God forgave me
and rescued me from death!
  Now I will see the light.”
God gives each of us
 chance after chance
to be saved from death
and brought into the light
  that gives life.
Job 33: 27-30 CEV


...and this was written in the Old Testament before the coming of Christ.  Way back then Christ was being foretold...even by the friend of Job.
In John 8:12 Jesus confirmed such statements of old by saying, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (From the Contemporary English Version)
All our momentary trials can be washed in light if we acknowledge that we are not the "Fixer." Christ is.
  
We need to ask:
Are these sufferings because I've sinned?
Are these just part of being on Earth?
Are these because someone else sinned and I am suffering the residual effects?
Are these to allow God's Glory to be displayed?
Whatever you decide, Christ is the answer.
Turn toward the Light of the World.
Bask in His Glory.  Allow Him to right the wrongs and soothe your soul.


No comments: