Friday, July 3, 2015

Appreciation

Photo by Sally L. Smith

They will live around my holy mountain, and I will bless them by sending more than enough rain to make their trees produce fruit and their crops to grow. I will set them free from slavery and let them live safely in their own land. Then they will know that I am the Lord.
Ezekiel 34:26-27

I'm a complainer.  I wish I were not but I am.  When it rains, it's too much.  When the sun shines, it's too hot.  When the cold winds blow, I get tired of wearing my coat and wish for summer.  I have so much and wish for something else.
At the core of my soul, though, there is peace.  I do believe that God controls everything and in those quiet moments with Him, I am awed at the gifts He has given me...one who doesn't deserve even a glance from Him.

Excuse me.  
I'm going to watch the sunrise.

Photo from personal files.






No comments: