Friday, July 24, 2015

Overlooking the Obvious


"Staff of Life" by Anne Worner is licensed under CC BY 2.0

 Don’t worry and ask yourselves, “Will we have anything to eat?
 Will we have anything to drink? Will we have any clothes to wear?” 
 Only people who don’t know God are always worrying about such things. 
Your Father in heaven knows that you need all of these. 
 But more than anything else, put God’s work first and do what he wants.
 Then the other things will be yours as well.
Matthew 6:31-14 CEV


I've been thinking on these verses but because they are so commonly used, I have never considered their importance.

I do not have to worry about having something to eat, drink or wear.  I live in a country that allows me to work for money that buys these items. 
 This is not the case with the vast majority of peoples across the world.  Many are actually scraping together their basic necessities.
I do not want to cast blame on them because of their religious beliefs but if I read this right, our nation is next in line for want of the basics.  If I don't turn to God in acknowledgement of His bountiful mercies and do His bidding, I'm next.


No comments: